Updating the Music

While I’m trying to round up real, live singers, I’ve decided to upgrade the Missa Druidica by adding the words.

I just finished the opening tonight, and it sounds fabulous — on headphones. It’s late and I don’t want to wake up everyone in the house, so I’ll have to wait until tomorrow to find out what it sounds like on cheap speakers.

It’s getting easier to work with Symphonic Choirs. I’ve found a few tricks that keep it from crashing every five minutes, and that keep the scope of the changes to a reasonable level. There’s a lot of detail work involved — the syllables chosen, the exact length of each note, volume, emphasis, pitch…. I’ve probably already made a hundred sound clips, of which I keep a dozen or so and merge them together into the finished work.

The words do make a difference, though.